J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Monday, March 21, 2011

Union Jack Pub

There are only two things I need on St. Patrick's Day: pitchers of Guinness and corned beef and cabbage. Union Jack Pub happened to have a special on corned beef and cabbage, so my friends that are new to Broad Ripple decided to go there.

I knew I could count on Abby to order the cb&c (and share) so I took this opportunity to try their deep dish pizza. I had read in a pizza food blog that Union Jack's deep dish was just as good as deep dish pizzas in Chicago. Be warned; if you order the deep dish, it takes 40 minutes! So if you're always late like me, then have your on time friends order it for you as soon as your server comes. And it was really good!
My boyfriend doesn't like deep dish pizza because there is usually too much dough and not enough toppings. That was definitely not the case here. I ordered my pizza with mushrooms and italian sausage, and there were plenty of both and tons of cheese. Mmmmm! The mushrooms were fresh mushrooms, not canned, and the sausage was the best part. There were huge salty, spicy chunks. I was really upset the next day when I was craving some of that pizza and realized I left it at the restaurant...HUGE fail...

I'm really glad I ordered the pizza, but I would have been just fine with the corned beef and cabbage. I didn't get to see the plate when it was first brought out, but everyone said that it was huge! Tons of corned beef, cabbage AND red potatoes! Definitely the best corned beef and cabbage that I've ever had. I wish they would add this to the regular menu. Until then, I'll just crave it until next St. Paddy's Day.
One Final Tip: St. Paddy's Day in Broad Ripple is ridiculous. Bring $5 for parking; otherwise, you'll spend 40 mins trying to find a free spot. And watch your food because the servers are super busy and distracted and will snatch your plate away while the fork is still in your hand! (True Story)

The Rating

Info
Union Jack Pub
924 Broad Ripple Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317) 257-4343
www.unionjackpub-broadripple.com

No comments:

Post a Comment