J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sensu - Grand Opening


Last night, my friends and I went to the grand opening of Sensu in downtown Indy. For $10, we enjoyed an all you can eat buffet of samples from their menu. And if the samples actually represent the food that's going to be served there, this place is going to do fine!

The following samples were served: (Photos courtesy of Sensu Indy, except for the one of the scallops)
Variety of Sushi

Black Cod with Miso

Creamy Spicy Crab: Snow crab with creamy spicy sauce garnished with scallions and chives

Spicy Tuna Poke on Crispy Wontons: Tuna with chili pepper, green onion, ginger and soy served on crispy wonton

Tuna Flatbread: Ahi Tuna on crispy flatbread with greens, grape tomato, and wasabi aioli

Kobe Beef Toban Yaki (really tender!)

Scallop with Jalapeno Salsa (one of my favorites!)


Rock Shrimp Tempura with Creamy Spicy Sauce

Toast and Jam: Crispy Shrimp Toast with Spicy Tuna Jam (AMAZING!)

Wasabi Pea Crusted Salmon

All of the food was amazing. Some of it was on the salty side, but I didn't have anything too bad. My faves were the toast and jam, the creamy spicy crab, the kobe beef and the scallop. I didn't get to try the black cod with miso, and no amount of flirting with the buffet line attendant allowed me to cut or made him save me a plate. I should have put in more effort into my outfit. Oh well, next time.

Sensu turns into a club after dinner, and it looks like it has potential. It has 2 levels and looks really nice. They clearly put in a lot of money into the place and didn't half ass any of the construction and just called it urban or industrial. One down side is that in a place like that I really like to order my Extra dirty Grey Goose martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives. They didn't have bleu cheese stuffed olives, so I ordered something else. Boo.

The Rating

Info
Sensu Asian Fusion Restaurant and Nightclub
225 S. Meridian St. Indianapolis, IN, 46225
Dinner Reservations: (317) 536-0036
VIP Accomodations: (317) 488-9020
www.sensuindy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment