J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Monday, March 21, 2011

Brugge

I've been to Brugge a few times and except for the beer, I never thought it was anything special. Crepes were ok. Mussels were all right. And fries are fries.

Maybe because I was craving mussels and fries that day...or maybe because I was really hungry...but I thought the food totally hit the spot.

Abby, Jamie, and I ordered mussels: Asian, Provencal, and Tomato Lemon Cream, respectively. All were very tasty. I took Abby's advice of taking out enough mussels until I could dip them into the sauce. The Asian came with seaweed which was a nice combo. Be careful if you eat the mussels this way because small pieces of shell could get caught in your throat. Although you'll probably be fine if you take time eating your food, instead of inhaling it like I did.
Sarah and P got sandwiches: Meatball Sandwich and Veal and Pork Meatloaf Sandwich. Both said they were just ok. I only have 1 picture of them because they looked the same. You couldn't see it under the giant pile of pomme frites. So thumbs down for presentation, but it sounds like the fries were the best part.
Mike got a the pork tenderloin with goat cheese crepe. I thought there was too much crepe relative to the meat and goat cheese, but it still tasted ok. I'm not a fan of the mustard sauce that was drizzled on top, but other people told me this combination was fantastic.
Overall, this was definitely a much more positive experience than before. Things to definitely try are the fries, mussels, and beer.

The Rating
- Thumbs up for the beer, half for the food

Info
Brugge Brasserie
1011 East Westfield Blvd #A
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317) 255-0978
www.bruggebrasserie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment