J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Monday, March 14, 2011

John's Famous Stew

Sorry for being a few days behind. Had a busy weekend filled with Lady Gaga (Be jealous!), steam vac-ing, taxes and studying. I bet you're not so jealous anymore...

At the request or complaining of some people, there will be no more nicknames. Maybe, I'll bring some of my faves back when I'm feeling nostalgic. ;-)

For lunch on Thursday, some of my co-workers went to John's Famous Stew. This place that my friend would call very "blue-collar" is one of those places where I CRAVE the food. I can't give a full review because I only order one thing everytime I go there: The Tenderloin Supreme.
It's a giant tenderloin slathered in stew that has lots of onions, peppers, and other veggies. And it's gooooood...Out of the 7 of us there, 5 of us ordered the tenderloin supreme. That should tell you something. The other 2 both ordered the stew, and it also looked really good. Since they are co-workers, I held back and didn't ask if I could try it. I haven't introduced them to "Sharing is Caring" yet. They both said their stew was delicious...maybe next time....
What adds to the experience here are the waitresses. They love the regulars (one of my coworkers is a regular), and hate you if you're difficult. You're not going to get super polite servers that do the most for you. You'll get gals that tell you how it is and give you "that look" if you try to make their life difficult. So make sure you know what you want. ;-)

And in case you were wondering, I indeed ate all of my tenderloin....mmmmm.......(Z-Weesy could not. ;-) )

The Rating
- Good and decently priced. Most of my coworkers gave this same rating.

Info
John's Famous Stew
1146 Kentucky Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46221
317-636-6212
indysfamousstew.com

Coupons are available on their website and on coupons4indy.com

2 comments:

  1. Z-Weezy couldn't finish, eh? What a colossal failure. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in sharing as well - so next time, you will know better!

    ReplyDelete