J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Garuda Indonesian Restaurant

Like every day that I know I'm going to try a new place for dinner, today I was super excited to try Garuda Indonesian Restaurant. My trainer told me about it. It had just opened up a couple of weeks ago, and he said it was really good. So good, that he recommended it to me again yesterday.

We at the Part Time Animal House minus Sarah ordered carryout and shared the lumpia (spring rolls), Nasi Uduk (Satay and Lemongrass Coconut Rice with half beef/half chicken), Ketoprak (Noodles in Peanut Sauce with half chicken/half tofu), and Beef Rendang (slow roasted beef). Before you get too excited...I forgot to take pictures. :-(

But you're not missing much because the food wasn't good. The Noodles in Peanut Sauce were the best part though. They were tasty. The Satay and Lemongrass Coconut Rice was very underwhelming, but even worse, the rice was way undercooked. Maybe because we're Asian we are more particular about our rice? Eh, no. Undercooked rice is just no good. P did like the vegetable salad that came with it though. The flavor of the Beef Rendang was pretty good. It had a lot of spice and just enough heat, but the potatoes in the dish were raw which ruined it. Maybe because I love potatoes so much I am being to harsh? Eh, no. Because I love potatoes so much I kept eating the raw potatoes hoping for a cooked one.

The three of us were incredibly disappointed today. Since this place is still new, I'm going to give it another try in about 6 months.

The Rating
- for good flavors and potential

Info
Garuda Indonesian Restaurant
653 E. 52nd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46205
(317) 920-8121

P.S. Since this was sooo disappointing, I made Baileys Brownies. See next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment