J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ideal Indian Wife Practice - Take 1

If you didn't already know, P is a young, single, Indian girl that is looking for a husband - sort of. But before she can find one, she needs to work on becoming a good Indian wife. Part of being a good Indian wife is learning how to cook Indian food. My other roommates and I have unselfishly volunteered to be her guinea pigs. So along with reviewing restaurants, featuring the occasional meals that I cook, I'm going to have this special side series: Ideal Indian Wife Practice, featuring P's preparation of becoming the ideal Indian wife.

Last night she made tandoori chicken and chickpeas. The other sides of cabbage & lentils and sambar were made by P's umma.

The Verdict: Terrible. Even though I ate every bite and got seconds, I don't think P's quite ready to be a good wife. She definitely needs A LOT more practice. Guess I'm going to have to volunteer again...and again...and again...

My rude boyfriend asked if I could take a lesson from P and learn to be an ideal Asian wife too by cooking more. He apparently doesn't believe I can cook. Maybe this will turn into Ideal Asian Wife Practice for the both of us....

No comments:

Post a Comment