J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Monday, April 25, 2011

La Piedad

Normally my philosophy for finding a Mexican restaurant is to just drive around until I see one. This is because, unfortunately, none of the ones I've tried here in Indy have stood out to me. They all seem to have the same menus, and all of the food taste just as good as the last restaurant. Maybe, one of my problems is that I always order the same thing: The Combination Dinner of 1 tamale, 1 enchilada, and rice and beans. My visit to La Piedad was no different.

I heard La Piedad was pretty good. Actually, I've always heard that it's better than La Jolla, and it was. I ordered my usual with a Dos Equis. They brought the dos equis out with a lime wedge; which I've never seen before and there's a reason why. It's disgusting! Dos Equis is not a Corona! It's not meant to have lime in it. So if you get a Dos Equis with a lime, save the lime for your tacos.

Just like I suspected, the food at La Piedad was just fine. Not great. Not terrible. Just fine. Will I go there again? Sure, when I'm in Broad Ripple...but I won't be making any special trips. I'll just go down the street to the closest restaurant.
The Rating

The Info
La Piedad
6524 Cornell Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46220
317-475-0988
www.lapiedadindy.com

There is a 10% off coupon available on their website.
La Piedad on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment