J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Journey


Maybe you've wondered where my love of food came from. You probably thought I got it from my parents when they instilled their love of food upon me by cooking and taking me to all kinds of restaurants. Well, that's partly right...I did get my love of food from my parents, but not because of the reasons I listed. It's because the only place my parents will eat out at is the Chinese buffet. Why? Because my dad is cheap, and my mom likes to eat a lot. My dad, sister, and I have probably tried nearly every Chinese buffet in the Indianapolis area.

For my dad's 65th birthday, he decided to go to the Chinese buffet. Normally, we go to the China 8 buffet on 86th and Allisonville Rd. In my opinion, it's the best buffet in Indy, but only on Sundays. They have this fish dish, which is my fave, and they only serve it on Sundays. It's called something different everywhere I go..dragon fish..phoenix fish...flounder?? Since it was a Saturday, we went to The Journey.

And it was really good. They had a large variety of sushi, udon soup, my favorite fish, crab legs, and all of those other standards. Everything I tried was delicious, and even things that I would never try at a Chinese buffet, like pizza and mac and cheese, looked delicious. There was a variety of fruit: kiwis, lychees, oranges, watermelon, etc. And one thing different is that they have a chocolate fountain with marshmallows, strawberries and those wafer cream sandwiches. The interior is modern, and not like what every other chinese buffet looks like. The only thing I hated was the flow of the buffet. It seemed like some lines ended at the same place and then you were stuck in the middle.

China 8 buffet is still my favorite buffet on Sundays. And The Journey is my new favorite buffet on Saturdays.
The Rating
- Only 1 because it's a buffet and not in Vegas.

Info
The Journey
7155 E. 96th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46250
317-578-9933
www.thejourneyin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment