J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Monday, May 28, 2012

Sam's Gyros

Mike and I were in the mood for some gyros. Normally, we really like to go to Canal Bistro, but neither of us wanted to get dressed to sit down somewhere. Instead, we ordered carry out from Sam's Gyros. I'll be honest, I wasn't super excited because I remember the last time we got food from here, I was pretty disappointed. I had ordered a lamb dinner dish with potatoes, and I remember it being dry and without a lot of flavor. So you'll understand how amazed I was by how delicious our gyro platter was!

The portion was HUGE! You could easily split this with someone, or save half for later. I had every intention of saving half for later, but was unsuccessful. I ate every bite! The lamb meat was so juicy and flavorful. I could not stop. It also came with this wonderfully creamy cucumber sauce. It was cool, refreshing, and really went well with the perfectly seasoned meat. I could have drank the stuff. This has become my go to place for carry out gyros.

The Broad Ripple location is currently going to an expansion so the restaurant looks like a giant construction area. I can't say how the service is if you eat there, but carry out was good. The girl was really nice and everything was pretty quick even though it looked like she was the only one there. I usually get a little annoyed with people don't ask for your name with carry out orders, but we didn't have any problems. They must not get a lot of carry out orders.

The Info
Sam's Gyros
5404 N. College Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sams-Gyros/100872579957722

Sam's Gyros on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment