J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Friday, June 3, 2011

Las Vegas!!!

So it's about time that I updated this blog...especially since I went to Vegas back in May! And even though I've eaten many, many meals since then, my stomach still remembers some of the highlights from my Vegas trip.

One of the best burgers that I've eaten in a long time was at Holsteins at The Cosmopolitan. Well, it was called Gold Standard, so I had pretty high expectations. The menu describes it as "Dry aged beef sirloin burger with smoked bacon, aged goat cheddar cheese, tomato confit, baby arugula and garlic chive aioli." Mmm... I still remember this burger being juicy, had great beef flavor, and was seasoned with enough salt. (Per Serious Eats is very important!) The aged goat cheddar was great. Not too strong. Everything just worked together so well. I'm starving right now and would really like a burger. I have to also mention the potato wedges. They were perfectly fried and had just the right amount of seasoning. Def better than the fries.
Of course, you can't go to Vegas without visiting a buffet! We went to the Bellagio for brunch and it was amazing. There was so much meat I thought I was going to get gout, but I made sure to get a few asparagus spears and bok choy! A few of my favorite things that I tried were the lamb, pesto mashed potatoes, creamy polenta, and roast beef. The following pictures aren't what all of us ate...it's just what I ate...don't judge. :-)
Another dinner we had before going to Tryst (the club has a waterfall!), was at Red 8 in the Wynn. I think we came here the first time I was in Vegas. Unfortunately, I didn't really think it was special. My dish wasn't very good, but everyone else's was all right. I got the salted fish with tofu. Don't get that. Jamie got the mapo tofu. Get that....and lots of sake!
For our final meal, the black jack dealer told us to eat at the Terrace Cafe at the Wynn, which is another place I went to the first time in Vegas. I ordered the fish tacos and tried their chicken and waffles that Adaku ordered. Even though they tried to win me over with the over easy egg on top, I stayed true to Maxine's. Maxine's will always be my choice for chicken and waffles.

The Rating
- It's Vegas!

The Info
Holsteins Shakes and Buns
Cosmopolitan


Red 8 & The Terrace Cafe
The Wynn, Las Vegas
www.wynnlasvegas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment