J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Friday, June 3, 2011

Agio

UPDATE: So just found out that Agio is now closed. Website was working yesterday, but it is no longer today.

If Vegas wasn't an indication how far behind with blogging I am...I had this meal at Agio the night I saw Zippers of Zoomerville at the Phoenix Theatre. They were showing it in May, just in time for the Indy 500. :-/

This was my 3rd trip to Agio. Each time, I've had the same experience: very polite service; good food; good wine; too quiet atmosphere. The quiet would be good, I guess, if you were on a date, but every time I've gone it was quiet because there weren't very many people. Maybe I've been going at the wrong times. They must get a decent amount of traffic if they've been open this long.

A problem with waiting so long after a meal to blog is that some of the food items are no longer on the menu! (My next blog will reveal another problem.) I ordered a scallop dish that came with cheese ravioli, bacon, and green beans. Loved it. I'm a sucker for scallops - especially 4 of them! I thought they were cooked really well. They were firm, but not too chewy with a little crisp around the edges. Agio doesn't have this dish on the menu anymore, but I'm sure their other scallop dishes will be just as good. :-)
My coworker ordered the wild mushroom ravioli with sauteed red peppers and gorgonzola cream sauce. (Right, Luke? Assuming you even glance at my blog to tell me.) He also got a side of the 4 cheese risotto. I didn't get to try either, but I REALLY wanted to try the risotto. It smelled good. It looked good. He said that it tasted good, so I believe him.
For dessert, we ordered the tiramisu and creme brulee. The creme brulee was all right. I thought it was everything creme brulee was supposed to be. It had a crunchy, sugary topping and creamy custard underneath, but it just wasn't special enough for me. The tiramisu, on the other hand, was fantastic! A great blend of coffee flavors, chocolate, and yummy lady fingers. The extra drizzle of chocolate sauce was a good touch! I would have eaten the whole tiramisu by myself, but instead I had to eat the creme brulee since that's what I ordered. :-/ Oh well...

The Rating


The Info
Agio
635 Massachusetts Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
317-488-0359
www.agiorestaurant.net

2 comments: