J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tomo Japanese Steakhouse

I've gone here a couple of times, but I've only had the hibachi. I have never tried the sushi. I'm sure I won't like it as much as Sakura...but who knows...maybe next time.

Tomo was a nice surprise to me. The exterior is not an indication of how cute the inside is. I thought it looked very modern. There were plenty of regular tables for the sushi only eaters and a few U-shaped hibachi grills.

Service was good. Not overly friendly, but accommodating. Although, each time I felt that the server seemed a bit overwhelmed. Food was also solid. My only complaint was how salty and overcooked the salmon was. So I don't recommend the salmon, but if you really want it I would ask them for medium salmon and the sauce on the side. I didn't do that, and the sauce kind of ruined the rest of my food. :-/ We ordered the calamari as an appetizer. I liked how crunchy the breading was, but I wish calamari dishes gave more tentacles. I might be the only one that feels that way though...


Because of slower service during my first visit, we got a free dish of tempura battered ice cream. I think I would just prefer some simple green tea ice cream, but it was yummy. There was plenty of unmelted ice cream, and the batter was cooked just right. And as someone that tried to make fried ice cream at home, I know this is not an easy. 


The Info
Tomo Japanese Steakhouse
7411 North Keystone, Suite A
Indianapolis, IN 46240
317-254-8666
www.tomo123.com (Didn't work the last time I checked though.)


Tomo Japanese Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Kevin
    kevincollins1012@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Great Blog!

    Just happen to stumble across it but if you’ve got a moment – shoot me an email I’d like to chat.


    -Andrew

    andrew [at] foodio54 [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -
    I'm working with a start-up for food bloggers in Indiana called Tabelog (www.tabelog.us). They're a subsidiary of the largest company in Japan Tabelog.com (similar to Yelp here in the US).
    We’re bringing their annual restaurant awards to the US that are judged solely by a panel of local food bloggers (all online). The winning restaurants get a framed 2015 award and the food bloggers get an 'official judge' icons/etc. and related PR for their blog. We’re looking for bloggers from the Indiana area to invite as an official judge. Is this something that you would be interested in? My email address is awards@tabelog.us.

    Thanks in advance!
    Brock

    ReplyDelete