J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sushi on the Rocks

For me, sushi restaurants really don't have a chance. I compare everything to Sakura on Keystone. And I specifically judge them based on how good their soft shell crab roll is compared to Sakura's. Even though I know no other place is going to compare, I still order the soft shell crab every time I try a new restaurant.

This is actually the 4th time I've gone to Sushi on the Rocks. 3 of those times were because of a Groupon. You'd think since I've been there so many times, I really like the place, but I don't. I just think it's ok. And usually when I go, the service is TERRIBLE! But I have to admit, this time was different. The food was decent. (I didn't order the soft shell crab. I'm starting to learn my lesson.) My server was awesome. She was attentive, quick, and very friendly. Since we sat at the sushi bar, I got to see a lot. That included how long it took other servers to get the sushi delivered. I have to say I was really disappointed to see how many servers would just look at the ticket, see that it wasn't their table, and just leave it. What ever happened to helping each other out? When i worked at The Cheesecake Factory, the servers (well, the good ones) were always helping each other out by running other dishes if their dish wasn't up yet. Another thing I was really disappointed by was that my miso soup lacked tofu. The tofu is my favorite part. :-(



The Rating
- It's no Sakura, but it's ok as long as you have a good server.

The Info
Sushi on the Rocks
235 S. Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46225
317-536-1500
www.sotrindy.com

Their website claims to have coupons at www.coupons4indy.com, but I did not find them.


2 comments:

  1. Didn't we go to Sushi on the Rocks for my bday one year? I agree it's only okay and I too compare everything to Sakura's soft shell crab roll. You would think DC would have good sushi, but no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did we? I don't remember that. I only remember going to Sakura's for your birthday. And that is very disappointing to hear about DC.

    ReplyDelete