J-Swizzle's Indianapolis Restaurant Map

View Indianapolis Restaurants in a larger map
Blue Markers = Places To Visit Utensils = Places We've Been

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

El Rodeo

It's tough to believe that so soon after having the best Mexican in Indy I was ready to eat more. I actually wasn't, but my boyfriend really wanted some so we went. One of his favorite places is El Rodeo.

It's not as unique or special as El Sol de Tala, but it was definitely better than La Piedad. I knew I would be disappointed with their tamales, so I actually ordered something different. Shocking, I know. I got the chorizo tacos, and Mike got the Acapulco with steak. It had lettuce, cheese, onions, steak, guac, salsa, and sour cream, all over a tortilla. Mike mixes it all together so that it's basically a giant opened soft taco. Not a bad concept. My favorite part of the meal dish was the rice and beans. Not only did I get a generous portion, the rice had veggies like green beans and peas mixed in. Healthier than your average mexican rice. ;-) My health conscience felt better, or was just fooled, about eating extra rice. I should mention that I ate a basket and a half of the tortilla chips. The servers were very attentive when we got low, and the chips were crispy, hot, and fresh.
Overall, this was an above average Mexican meal.

The Rating
- Solid

The Info
El Rodeo
9546 Allisonville Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46250
317-913-7897
I couldn't find a website, but if you go to Urbanspoon someone kindly posted pictures of the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment